Here are 3 of my 4 helpers!
Once we got home I made my husband's favorite cobbler recipe from my college roommate. Today I am going to share it with you with my tweaking. Don't you love how my picture is of a half eaten cobbler? This doesn't last long in my house!
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1.5 cups of self rising flour (I never have this in stock so I use 1.5 cups of all purpose flour minus 2.5tsps and then add 2.5tsps of baking powder)
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, while preheating melt butter in 9x13" pan. In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients, the add wet ingredients. Mix well.
Once butter is melted then add blueberries to the dish. Add batter on top of blueberries pouring evenly.
Place in oven for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and serve with cool-whip or vanilla ice cream!
Next, I am going to share a new recipe I tried from allrecipes.com called Healthy Nut Blueberry Muffins. These have everything in them and are delicious! My kids ate them all in 2 days and I did not feel the least bit guilty when I ate more then 3, that's all I am confessing too!
Here is the recipe with my changes, you can find the original here.
Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
1 smashed banana
1 cup buttermilk (make your own like I did with this recipe)
1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar,quick-cooking oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until blended. Spoon into muffin cups, filling all the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
Also, I am hosting a wonderful 4th of July inspired Ruffled Dishtowel giveaway. Go here to enter. Giveaway ends June 17th at midnight!