Today, I present to you the 18” Doll Ruffled Cape Pattern.
This pattern was adapted from a pattern I received from Seamingly Smitten. I made both my daughter’s a Ruffled Cape!! Her patterns are wonderful and I highly recommend her pattern if you want your daughter/ grand-daughter to match her doll! Wouldn’t that be an awesome gift?
How to make a 18” Doll Ruffled Cape
Materials Needed: Fleece body 13” X 13” , ruffle .75”X15” Pretty much scraps! I really could get into sewing for 18” Dolls. It uses pretty much scrap material. In my mind that means FREE!
1. Cut a piece of fleece 13”x13”
2. Fold in half, then fold in half again.
3. Cut from one folded edge to the other an arched cut.
4. Do the same at the point. You can tell from the picture it was about an 1".
5.When you open it up it should look like this.
6.Cut the circle on one side like pictured.
7. Take your .75”x15” piece and in the center stitch a gathering stitch.
8. Place on the neck seam and stitch in place on the gathered stitch.
9. Add a button to the left side and cut button hole on the right side.
When buttoned it should look like this…
You are done!! Now your AGD has a cape and can stay snug and warm!! Doesn’t Lanie look FANCY??
Not to tease you, but under this cape is a holiday dress! I will be posting the pattern very soon (
Don’t forget if you want to make your daughter a matching cape go to Seamingly Smitten the pattern it is sized from 6mo-8yrs old. Jennifer, from Seamingly Smitten is kind enough to offer you all 25% off the Ruffle Cape Pattern. Go to her Etsy Shop and use code CAPE25 now through 12/4/11.
I am sharing this at these wonderful parties.
Also, be sure to join me for…