Does your daughter have an American Girl Doll and you don’t want to break the bank making her clothes?? I have made a pattern and tutorial to share with you!
Here is the 2nd tutorial on how to make a shirt! The patterns are free!
Yesterday I showed you how to make the pants.
PATTERNS ARE HERE
Required Material: Fleece, matching thread, velcro dots, scissors, pattern
How to make a Doll Shirt…
1. Cut the pieces as indicated on the pattern. There are 2 pages!
2. Sew the shoulder seam of the shirt pattern. (DO NOT SEW THE SIDE SEAMS)
3. As indicated on the pattern sew the back seam to the notch with a 1/4” seam.
4. On the backside turn the back seam open and stitch with a top stitch. This is the opening for the dolls head.
5. Open up the shirt with side seams unsewn and lay the sleeve right sides together and stitch. Because you are working with fleece it is stretchy and will move with the curves.
6. Hem the sleeves with a 1/2” hem
6. Pin the sleeve (right sides together) and the side seam. Stitch 1/4” seam (easiest sleeve technique out there)
7. Turn under the neck hole and top stitch and hem the bottom with a 1/2” top stitch
8. On the back side add velcro and stitch on. I don’t have a picture of it but I used Scotch Velcro Dots from the Office Supply Section. They work wonderfully on doll clothes
YOU ARE DONE!!
How to make a Winter Hat… (Pattern above)
1. Cut out material as indicated on the pattern
2. Sew (right sides together) the top of the hat and band
3. Stitch the band and top together. Matching side seams.
4. Fold the band in half with wrong sides together. Making sure you cover your stich line in the back.
5. Stitch in the ditch on the outside. This means you are stitching were the two pieces of material are joined.
6. The point on this hat will stick straight up. Figure where you want it to lay
7. Stitch down (a little over kill on the needle but it was threaded so I used it!)
I think the best part of these American Girl Dolls is when your daughter can match their dolls!! I made this winter hat for Lawson years ago (which is why I had leftover material) Oh I love being able to make something homemade for my little girl!!
I hope you enjoy!! If you make this pattern I would love your feedback and pictures!
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at maridithdesigns(@)gmail.com